bob cat?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lildog132, Jun 29, 2005.

1. lildog132

lildog132 LawnSite Member

I have a 36" 1990 scag that is breaking down slowly and im tired of fixing it up, so im ready to get a new bobcat. The dealership is offering me a new 05' 36" bobcat belt driven for 2200. I have about 30 lawn weekly, and make a montly income of about 1700. and was wondering if I should spend an extra 1500 on a hydro instead of the belt. I dont know if its really worth it.

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I vote hydro but not Bobcat. I honestly don't know much about bobcat's reputation for dependablity but I have heard many on this site that wished they went with hydro.

3. laborador

laborador LawnSite Member

1700 hundren a month for 30 weekly yards comes out to be about 14 dollars a yard. Is this right, if so they really must be small yards. If you are making that income I would by the cheapest I could get away with.

4. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

That's a pretty good price on the Bob-Cat. I wouldn't go hydro unless you never expect to get a Z. In other words, is it going to be your main mower, then the hydro would be easier on you. There's nothing at all wrong with the Bob-Cat hydro's. Belt drives are much simpler and will last forever if maintained.