bob west/lesco hps.

Discussion in 'LESCO' started by lawn king, May 7, 2005.

1. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Hi bob, as you know i am a big fan of the hps, i just purchased a second unit at # 453, stoughton MA. I recommend the installation of a small railing on the leading edge of the control panel, this will prevent a low hanging tree branch from stalling the machine with the hopper open. I would also like to see an hour meter, a cruse control to reduce hand fatigue and a pin to lock the machine in a straight position for service. No rush, next week will be fine for these brilliant innovations!

2. Bob West LESCO

Bob West LESCO Sponsor

Thanks for the post, Lawn King, and thanks for the patience!

Glad the HPS is working so well for you -- sales have certainly surpassed our expectations, to be honest. I'm pretty sure we do offer an hour meter this year for the machine -- let me know if you need help locating one. As for your other suggestions, I will pass them along to our equipment product manager for his consideration. We take the equipment busy very seriously, so we're always looking for ways to make our machines better for you guys.

Thanks again,
    Bob

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Speaking of which, I heard through a "distant rumour" but from a good source that Lesco may be working on an all stainless unit that will also spray - much like the Permagreen, but more along the lines of the HPS. Any comment?

4. lawn king

I'm sure it's just a matter of time, i have 2 gal. hand sprayers mounted on our machines so we can spot spray as we go. When we encounter a weed disaster (new client) we blanket it with the kubota boom rig or the lesco 100 gal. skid sprayer. Scott.

5. Bob West LESCO

Bob West LESCO Sponsor

As you guys can imagine, we can't disclose any of our product development efforts for competitive reasons. All I will say is that we are always looking for ways to improve our products and provide our customers with more value.

Should there be a new spreader or any new product, we'll make sure we let you know.

Thanks,
    Bob

6. lawn king

Bob, stop by any time for a cold beer!