bobbygedd, i have a customer i wanna give you.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, Apr 30, 2004.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

she is an old widowed lady..... loves to talk but yet wants to nit pick everything we do.... i'm gonna drop her because it takes us 2 hours to do an hour job.... shes constantly stopping us to talk about the neighbor... man, i know the neighbors name as though i've know him for years..... Gawd.... i can't take her anymore... Bobby...shes yours if you want her.....

lawnwizards.....

2. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

I got one like that too, only the neighbors name is ernie. How bout it Bobby, got a couple live ones

3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I wonder how Bobby made out this week with the lil lady that owns her push mower that gave pizza and pillows as a tip??? I didnt see any thing posted this week, what did ya get this week Bobby?????

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

grass, read my post titled "tip of the day, and do you do windows", we got a couple bucks, some hot cocoa, and the opportunity to wash her windows. as far as your nutty customers guys, you know, i just hate to sound insensitive, but.........here's what i do: i look at everything as time spent=money. now take the pizza/hot cocoa lady for example, it does take a bit more time, but the way she tips , especially on extras, it's more than covered. i have another client same way, likes me to come in and chat at the end of the month for 10 min. it's not bad, we bad mouth the nieghbors, and get some laughs. but, they always tip $25-$40 on each check, so it's covered. but if it's not covered, i just go to my lawn list, and write "discontinue" next to thier name, and it's never given another thought.