Bobcat 160 VS Deere 315

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by cat2, Mar 8, 2008.

1. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

How would they compare? The Deere has less hp, but more torque. Deere has higher lift height. Around the same wheel base, but is 1,000 pounds light

2. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

I heard that the under carriage sticks out further than the tires which allows it to hit curbs before the tires make contact. That could be a big problem. Other than that they are too new I think for a good test on them.

I also question the small amount of grid on the rear door for ventilation to the radiator. I wonder if they will over heat. They do look tough as nails though. I would like to demo one once they get pilot controls. The arm design resembles a Bobcat and a Cat to me. Anyone ever notice how when Cat came out with skid steers the loader arms looked just like a Bobcat. Kinda makes ya wonder.

3. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

I think I was reading somewhere that the 313 and 315 used allot of the same components as the vertical lift machines. Should be a pretty reliable machine then if this is true. As far as the curb deal goes. Could yoou put your bucket down on the top of the curb/grass to raise your front wheels up and then push your way on. I know its not as easy as driving but I doubt it is that big of an issue. Never been an issue for my 250 II.

4. Fieldman12

I love how you sort of walk right on these new deere machines without any problems. That is probably the biggest thing I love about them. That step is literally a big nice step for Deere.

5. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

the bobcat s160 has alot more hp then the john deere 315.. the deere i think only lifts 2'' more in height. a local rental place near me has about 5 s160 they love them they say there a bulletproof machine

6. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

I need to check my local Deere dealer to see if they have any on the lots yet. I want to see on in person.

7. mrsops

there very akward looking. they stick out in the front. cat 2 dont you already own a s160? and your happy with it?

8. Fieldman12

9. Fieldman12

Are you talking about the step sticking out? If so I love that feature.

10. mrsops