Bobcat 2410 Loader

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by TomG, Jan 7, 2011.

1. bradseabridge

bradseabridge LawnSite Senior Member

Dude, I like it.

2. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

I saw a few around with some of my old dairy and ag customers here in WI. Somehow I think they're probably still running.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

we still have ours, great loader. I just wish they had put the engine in the back like our old swinger did, more counterweight is never a bad idea. we have a stack of rocks behind our seat, though now we just use it for mulch and the telehandler does the heavy stuff. still can't beat the simplicity, our handle too is broke we replaced it like 3 times before going the pipe route.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5nSmTVB9dE

4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

What is the deal with that big black arm beside the operator? Some kind of safety restraint?

5. TomG

TomG LawnSite Senior Member

If your talking about the bar to the left of the operator... it comes down when you lower the steering wheel and it blocks the door, so you cant fall out. And also it functions as an arm rest for your left arm.

6. TomG

Nice video! I'm actually the one who commented on it a while ago, haha. But yea you cant beat the simplicity. You got a steering wheel, to turn, a foot pedal on the floor, push it forward you go forward, push it back you go backwards, the stick to operate the bucket and arms and the throttle and that's literally it.

7. TomG

We do 90% of our repairs in house but last time we took the machine to Bobcat to get it fixed some one offered Bobcat $20,000 for it, I would guess its only worth $15000 but it is still worth quite a bit of money. We would never sell it though because its just not worth it to spend $60k+ on a new loader we only use to load up our trucks at the shop and to do snow plowing with. So really this machine for us is priceless.

8. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

I for one will take 15 for mine guys. First with cash gets it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

If you were offered 20K for it you should have sold it. You will likely be getting your parts from the Smithsonian before long. 20-30K will get you a higher houred Deere, CASE or CAT compact loader. More power, more comfort and you can get parts for it. The BC just gets closer to extinction every day and once the parts stop you have a big boat anchor.

10. shooterm

shooterm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

We have a late 90's 244 from japan as a compact as well. Things I dont like about it is the sheet metal is really cheap. Of course to slow at 12mph. Has no creature comforts. Stable platform though and simple controls. Will also outlast the new 908's we have.