1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat 32 " walk behind

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dapozer, Dec 12, 2005.

1. dapozer

dapozer LawnSite Member

I found one of these that is last years model for $2500, is this a deal or just a avg price? Sales guy said they are normally $3000 ish and this years model might be more. What do you think of this mower?
  2. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

Shawn; I just sent you a reply on your other thread. Why the w/b? Why not a ZTR or Stander? Why not a bigger deck? Bobcat is a good machine. I have had several of them, but with bigger decks. I think you should be looking at more BANG for your BUCK, as far as deck size goes...
  3. dapozer

dapozer LawnSite Member

Gates.... I am looking at minimal stat up cost and thought a 32 would be the workhorse this year and the 21 would be great for the small front yards that they have out here. A 36 would not fit through most of the gates out here.

VINNY'S LAWN CARE LawnSite Member

I Am About To Buy A 36 Inch Bobcat What Do You Think?
  5. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

32 not a bad idea...wish i had one some days my 36 doesnt fit thru gates it sucks...but id go with that 32
  6. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

how bout a 32, or 36'' lesco, will save you some $$.
  7. jdkatz

jdkatz LawnSite Member

I have a 32" walkbehind and its great, fits thru the gate.
  8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

The new 32" bobcats are around $3200. or so so that price is fairly good. Is it a demo unit or just a leftover? How many hours if any and what size engine? The 13.5 twin kawasaki delivers plenty of power for the mower to cut even the thickest grass. The bobcat machines are great IMO! You should be pleased with the machine!! Good Luck!! P.M. me if you have any specific questions. I work at a dealership part time so if you need any info, I should be able to get it!!!
  9. Tom c.

Tom c. LawnSite Member

I just got a 36 in bobcat 2005 leftover for 2195 last one the dealer had try calling around to the local dealers see whats leftover from last year. I found two exmarks that were leftovers a bobcat and a toro, like they say let your fingers do the walking!!!
  10. allino

allino LawnSite Member

you may want to look at the gravely 34" ztr. Should fit through any gate. Local dealer sid it goes for about 2700 out the door.