bobcat 435zhs owners what did you pay??

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by mrsops, Mar 8, 2008.

1. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

hey guys wondering what you guys paid for your bobcat 435zhs.. i just got a price wanted to match it up on what you guys paid and what extras you got in your machine...

2008 435zhs
    cab heat and ac
    keyless ignition
    long arm option
    24'' bucket
    radio
    final price $48,000 i think it was $9000 cheaper then the new 337
    2 year bumper to bumper warranty
    2 year power train warranty

2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

That seems like a very reasonable price. Although considering the issues with them I don't think you would want to own one outside of the warranty. Certainly not a 3000 hour machine. You just are not able to buy the CAT are you?

3. mrsops

i like the cat alot i still may buy the cat.. just wanted to see how much of a difference the 435 was to the cat 305 spec and price wise what do you think ksss

4. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I don't think that there is any question that the 305C Cr is a more capable excavating machine. If you look only at the spec sheet, it would likely not even be close. The question is what you intend to do with the machine. If you don't plan on utilizing the new machine in heavier duty excavation type duties you would likely be happy with the performance of the Bobcat. It all depends on what you plan on doing with with it.

I use my mini as a backhoe replacement. When recently purchased a new machine, I wanted a machine that would spec. like a backhoe with the maneuverability of a mini excavator. The TK TB153FR, IHI NX65 and the CAT 305C CR (the Kubota also speced well but I did not consider that machine) on paper were the best specing machines. The CAT was 12K more than the TK and I had owned a TB53FR and knew what they could do. Had I not want to trade a machine, the IHI would have been more viable. I went with the TK. If I did not require that kind of performance I would have had more choice options. I likely would have purchased the CX50B.

5. mrsops

i do alot of heavy duty digging with my excavators and there both bobcats and i have been happy with them i cant say that im not. the cat 305 beats the hell out of the 435 basically in bucket break out force which i know is a big thing other then that everything else is almost the same. the cat 305 i felt was a better machine then the 337 but the 337 also did have some power to it as well. i mean i do like the 435 zhs alot because alot of times i am working in tight areas around houses and that 435 is a great idea..

ksss did you run a new 305? if so did you like it?

6. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I wanted the price on the 305C before I would demo it. If it was within a reasonable range I would demo it. As it was, the price was too far off to be competetive so I never ran it. If your looking for increased manuverability you should demo the TK 153. It is near zero (within inches) of zero house swing and of course it is zero tail swing. Neither BC or CAT can give you that.

7. mrsops

what did they quote you on it?? neither bobcat or cat cant give me what?

8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

They will not give you a zero swing machine. The price was 72K with a thumb coupler and three buckets.

9. mrsops

oo your talking about the arm and bucket swinging? i was price 61k with 2 buckets a thumb, and a 2 year bumper to bumper warranty and the machine of course had heat ac and radio

10. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

You got a great price on the machine no doubt. I would buy it. If I had a price like that I would have been more interested.