1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

bobcat 435zhs

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by mrsops, Mar 6, 2008.

1. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

hey guys i was in the bobcat 435zhs today i was very impressed with it i actually liked it better then the 337 that i had originally demoed. i know these machines had some problems a few years ago with something going wrong i actually forgot what but do you guys think they fixed all this up for the 2008 model?
  2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Bobcat came up with a brilliant idea that is incorporated into every new machine.........................................................an odour that emanates from the paints that when inhaled by a prospective customer, make them want to hand over their wallet to their Bobcat Sales rep. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
  3. mrsops

thats funny ron but this thread was about the 435zhs do you have any input on it :canadaflag: :usflag:
  4. bobcat_ron

Yup, that Cat 305 you like, will walk circles around it.
  5. mrsops

2 total diff machines ron the 305 is matched out against the 337 not 435 they compare the 304 or 303 to the 435.
  6. Kepple Services

Kepple Services LawnSite Senior Member

I had a 435, nice machine but I had alot of issues with it. I sold it with 250 hours on it, and the main turntable motor went out 3 times, the control valve, as well as both drive motors.. Mine was a 2005 so maybe thats the difference?
  7. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

All that in 250 hours? Guess that is why the local BC dealer pushes the Hitachi machines.
  8. 2004F550

2004F550 LawnSite Senior Member

Our 435 was a 2005, lost both drive motors, swing motor, and various leaks in the first year, but it has been fine since then and a great machine, (warrenty is good until Oct 08 when it will mostly likely be treated in). Bobcat has done back flips to keep us happy starting with a great price when we bought it to free loaners and they even came and switched out the machines if ours broke down. We are almost an all Cat user but when we bought the bobcat we had a different Cat salesman then we do now and he was way off base with the price and didn't seem interested in a deal even though our fleet was almost all Cat (luckly he has since been moved and our new salesman is as good as the bobcat man). We tried the Cat 305 at the time and it was lacking in power overall compared to the 435, I have heard that the Cat C series of taken care of this however and you probably have a better idea since you have run both now. Anyway in terms of performace the 435 was great, does everything thing we ask of it and since its our smallest hoe, the guys usually ask it to do some unreasonable things. One complaint which may have been updated, besides the mechanical items, was that the interior was kinda cheap, the HVAC vents were always falling out, throtttle cable came out of adjustment, etc. The throttle cable adjusmtent requires disassembling way too much of the machine to fix.
    Anyway it sounds like you also have a great bobcat dealer so I wouldn't hesitate to seriously consider the Bobcat again in your case, I am sure they don't want to see any yellow in a white yard.
  9. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Think that some yellow brand might have that same feature?

Sorry, had to poke the bear.:hammerhead:
  10. bobcat_ron

Well that won't make any difference seeing as how Cat always built their equipment better than Bobcat!