1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat 48" wb belt.........good price??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TONTAGE, Oct 19, 2008.

TONTAGE LawnSite Member
    from CT

ran into a old friend today and he told me his lady friend has a 1 yr old bobcat mower with 7 hours on it for 1300 bucks.her husband passed away,it was his.from what ive been told she has the reciept and he paid something like 3500 for the thing new?? I know scag belts dont even cost that much new.ive always been a scag guy therefore i dont know the performance or reliabaility of the bobcats.is it worht the 1300 bucks?? I thought about going over there with 1000 cash and seeing if she would take it.i would appreciate any input.
    Thanks in advance

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i payed $1700 for one with 365 hours. it was a good investment and works great

TONTAGE LawnSite Member
    from CT

Wow,thanks for the reply.good to know
  4. oakwdman

oakwdman LawnSite Bronze Member

that is a STEAL! If you buy it and don't want it i would buy it from you for $1k!!! you could probably get $2500 for it if you decided to turn and sell it.
  5. Wittapp

Wittapp LawnSite Member

I have a 48" bobcat belt drive that I purchased used abot 12 years ago. I still use it as a backup. Great deal. I would do it in a hearbeat