bobcat 52 inch pro cat?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J.A.G LAWNCARE, May 2, 2008.

1. J.A.G LAWNCARE

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

just looked at one in Ohio priced at $ 6800 with a 52 inch cut and a 21kaw the boss-vac was about $2000 ANY one have one , what do you think ?
    I am thinking about that or a 54 inch tank 27 kohler but that is about $1000 more ... so what to get..........

2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I have a bob-cat ZT218 with a 52'' deck and 22 briggs. I also have the boss-vac. The bob-cat is built pretty tough and cuts very nicely. I would rather have an exmark or toro around here just because they have better dealers than bob-cat does in my area. But overall I think that it is a great mower and I really like it. I also really like the boss-vac, the fact that it is so low profile is nice. It is easy on easy off. I can go from having the entire bagging system on to having it off in about 3 minutes. It handles grass and leaves very well.

3. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

There are many many Bobcats in my area and the cut is great and they are a workhorse you get alot for the $$$

4. J.A.G LAWNCARE

do you think a 21kaw on a 52 inch has the power needed with the bagger?

5. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

If its a deck driven bagger then no it doesnt have enough power. If you get into thick lawns, wet lawns or deep lawns its going to bog that 21 down big time. With a bagger I wouldnt go any less than 25hp on a 52" deck.

Bobcats are great mowers and so are the Tanks. Cant go wrong with either brand.

6. J.A.G LAWNCARE

thanks for the info , that what I WAS thinking..

7. J.A.G LAWNCARE

looking for the best mower and bagger for leaves that will work ,my tank works ok , but gets clogged up if leaves are wet ..thats a 48 inch with 19kaw no blower on bag...

8. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Hmmmmmmm sounds like you need a exmark Lazer AS or a john deere 757. Both these mowers have tremendous vacum due to deck design and they are both proven dependable machines and should handle leaves very good.

9. thezaz

thezaz LawnSite Member

Mower not bad but I personaly stay away from kohler they tend to be more work. i get brigs and kawasaki. Have had several kohler engines and just a a pain and run crappy when it gets damp out.

10. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

As far as bagging and cutting wet the Deere is kingI have had several brands all with baggers and the Deere is unstoppable just get a 7 Series if you can get one as the new 8 Series are not getting very high marks