Bobcat 553

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Lynden-Jeff, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey,

Looking for some feedback on a 553 bobcat. This is my second year and although I focus mainly on maintenance I would like a bobcat for things like spreading stone and mulch, small walk ways, large garden bed renovation and much more. Now I am looking at the 553. I am not a small guy and I feel the 463 would just be to small. Im looking at a 1995 with 6500 hrs on it for $7500 cdn or a 99 with 1500 hours for $13500 cdn. I think I am much better going with the new one. How much power do these things have? I don't think im doing anything extreme and I want to be able to aul wit my dual axle landscaping trailer and ram 1500. Some input appreciated!

Cheers
    Jeff

2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

they are small machines made for small jobs. I would run one and see if it will work for what you need it to do. I would not even look at the one with 6500 hours on it.

3. gmcplowtruck

gmcplowtruck LawnSite Member

i looked at a mustang with a 20 hp deiseil and 850 lift it was a 96 for $6000 similar to the bobcat and probley had more power too ran smooth only had 1600 hrs
    but i passed it up for a 97 mustang 2040 40 hp deseil 1230 hrs 1350 lift for $8000
    if i were you i would keep looking check out auctions like ironplanet.com and auctionzip.com you might find something in your area
    and i did run a 553 that i rented and it was tight inside my legs kept cramping

4. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey,

Thanks for the input. So this won't have any issues handling digger and grading?

Cheers
    Jeff