Bobcat 7 pin to Cat 8 pin

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Premier Landscaping, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Premier Landscaping

Premier Landscaping LawnSite Member
    from ND

I was wondering if any one could help me out. I've searched and read that it can be done, but havn't found anything that says how. Bobcat tells me it can't be done because of the computer connection in their 7 pin connection, but there has to be a way to bypass that. I have the 8 pin cat female plug that I was gonna just repin with the wires off my bobcat soil conditioner to match the cats power and ground pins. I have the wiring schematic for the soil conditioner, but cannot find the schematic for bobcat's 7 pins anywhere (A B C D 1 2 3) to find out which each pin is IE power, ground, data, etc... Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, because I really do not wanna use that toggle switch and have to mount that somewhere in the cab.

2. Danielslawnservice

Danielslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

i operated a Gehl this winter w/ a V plow that has the toggle switch and we mounted it on the left control arm. if that helps (this was a T-Bar control) if that helps w/ the mounting of it....

3. Stick Pro

Stick Pro LawnSite Senior Member

I have a cat 287b and we own a bobcat grader attachment i would love to be able to put it on my cat do you guys have any ideas to make this work

4. CarterKraft

CarterKraft LawnSite Senior Member

You guys get the Bobcat pinout and I will set you up with the CAT info.

Actually after reading I think I can help you, you have a CAT machine and a Bobcat work tool, and you have the schematic for the tool, correct?

5. Premier Landscaping

from ND

That is correct I have a cat 252B machine and a bobcat work tool. I have the wiring schematic for the work tool as well. But dont have a schematic for the bobcat machine to know which of there pins in power, ground etc...

6. CarterKraft

CarterKraft LawnSite Senior Member

7. Premier Landscaping

from ND

Thanks alot for the help. I sent the email of the wiring schematic let me know if you have any troubles opening it. Thanks Billy.