bobcat 751 40th ann. question

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by cirrus_player, Apr 23, 2011.

1. cirrus_player

cirrus_player LawnSite Member

anyone have any insight on this unit. im purchasing my first skid steer and am curious if this is a good machine. ill be using it for loading, sweeping, and grading. any help would be really appreciated

2. cirrus_player

cirrus_player LawnSite Member

.... or would you guys go with an cat 248b?

3. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Those two machines dont have a lot in common. I would go with the CAT. The 751 is in my view a very light duty, almost consumer type skid steer. The Puoget (sorry cant spell it) engines some of them had sucked. The CAT is twice the machine. Even if it was twice the money it would better spent than spending half that on the BC.

4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Cat is a better choice, the 751 has been "improved" to death over the years, one of Bobcat's many blunders over the years (anyone remember the 643?)

5. Snooker182

Snooker182 LawnSite Member

is the 751 the offbreed of the s130? ive got too many hours in a 130 and goddd dam, id take a cat any day!

6. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Yup, the 751 is the weetod-did inbred bucktoothed brother uncle of the S130.

7. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

I'd call it a nephew...

The S130 is the current successor to the 753 line of machines. The 751 was a low-cost, no-frills version of the 751 that featured, as ksss said, a Peugeot diesel engine.

The 248 is a much larger machine; the 751 weighs around 5000 pounds and the 248 is closer to 7000.

8. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

The 751 was not one of Bobcats finer moments.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. SellingIron

SellingIron LawnSite Senior Member
    from FTE

Bobcat had the kubota engine as a power plant in the 751 at the end of its life. If you were lucky enough to have one with a peguot(?) and it died. The replacement was a kubota. It wasn't a bad machine for its size and price tag. Some customers have budgets to work with..

10. Asphalt/Dirt Man

Asphalt/Dirt Man LawnSite Member

751 is good for picking up pencils

If you can grade with a 751, you are damn god in my book. It's like riding in a barrel. Your always bucking back and forth. You spend more time on the rear tires turning and driving than any machine I can think of.