bobcat 773

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by kandklandscape, Jul 9, 2007.

1. kandklandscape

kandklandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

Just bought a bobcat 773.

What size trailer shall I use and also can a f250 v8 gasser pull her good? or f250 v10?

2. kandklandscape

from PA

also very hilly and lots of highways around here to

3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

wow wow wow wow stop right now, on the big post about the railroad tie wall you jumped down every ones neck and stated you could do every thing under the sky and you have been in business umteen years!!! now you want to know how big of trailer you need on how much hp and trq you need!! i would guess a big one a very big one for the 773 and your huge pile of bs to go with it :laugh: :laugh: just jerkin your chain a 12k trailer and a v8 will do just fine, i had 19,000lbs behind my dodge v8 2500 on a 14k trailer. it did it but not easy. you dont want that v10 to much gas to hard to work on.

4. SiteSolutions

SiteSolutions LawnSite Bronze Member

Get a diesel.

5. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

No problem with that truck 10k will work but 12 would be better. I pulled my s185 around since 02 on a 10k gvw and the truck i had a time was 00 f-250 diesel but gas would of worked. For what it is worth my 06 f-350 1 month ago broke down and local dealer give me a F-150 guess what i pulled 185 around with it little slow but i got from a-b. now i also have a new 220 and a 12k gvw trailer i wasent about to pull it though. I left you a post in other forum, are you from somerset? If your running 160 that im familar with i would want the diesel and make damn sure you have dual axle brakes.
    Mike

6. kandklandscape

from PA

never said we could do anything under the sun did i?

so your 2500 dodge was it 5.9 or 5.2? briandennis

7. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

it is a 5.9, i pull normally 8k-10k with it every day and it dose just fine. the only problem i have run into is that it cam with 235 tires on it and i put 295 on it so i think i messed up the ratio now.either way it just takes off slower now but once im up to speed i cruise along just fine. both trucks would work but i dont think i would get the v10.

8. kandklandscape

from PA

mike, yes we are located in both somerset and johnstown pa

9. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ever need a contact around here just pm me. I do general landscaping, new yard installs, have 2 bobcats, mini x, and hydro-seeder. I actually live with in 5 miles of Somerset co. and my so called father lives in Johnstown.
    Mike

10. kandklandscape

from PA

mike ouch! so called father!!! PM me.