bobcat 773

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by raish05, Mar 17, 2013.

1. raish05

raish05 LawnSite Member

i am looking into buying a bobcat 773 and was wondering what the good and bad was of it if any and what you guys thought of it. would be used for loading salt and mulch and some dirt work on hardscaping jobs. thanks

2. Impact-Vector

Impact-Vector LawnSite Member

I just bought one last night from a guy in NC. Ill tell you soon.

Based on the specs it looks good. I wanted that or an 873.

3. raish05

raish05 LawnSite Member

OK thanks could u tell me what the distance is from the ground to the edge of bucket fully dumped in the air I need 93 inches to load our v box. Thanjs
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Impact-Vector

Impact-Vector LawnSite Member

91" which is full height and dumping

5. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Have had good luck outta mine. Other than a couple minor things that come with its age..
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. raish05

raish05 LawnSite Member

Hey thanks guys that's help full. U think it would have any problem loading a one ton with a v box salter
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. bobcatexc

bobcatexc LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

I use to have a G series 773 that bought new and put about a 1,000hrs on it never had any problems with. Had the turbo option which gave it about 56hp, wouldn't want anything less though if your going to do anything other than load mulch and salt. I use to load tri-axles with it all the time, so 1 ton shouldn't be a problem. Good machine all in all.

8. raish05

raish05 LawnSite Member

the one im going to look at tomorrow is a 2000 773 g series with 1300 hours. think thats alot for the year

9. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

100 hours a year, that isn't much at all for it's age.

10. tbi

tbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I loaded salt with one for years with no reach problems into a Kodiak 4500 8' spreader. Salt will eat it up inside and out quickly. It was a throw away machine for me.