Bobcat 863

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by georgel, Jul 11, 2001.

1. georgel

georgel LawnSite Member

What do you guys think about this rig?

1997 Bobcat 863
    -1700 hours
    -front auxiliary hydraulics
    -hydraulic bucket positioning
    -front and rear work lights
    -backhoe mounting brackets
    -72" smooth bucket
    -Tires are about 80%

$10,000

Good deal assuming it is mechanically sound?

Thanks

2. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

george - if you build it in the Heavy Eqpt and Paving Forum, they will come...

3. georgel

georgel LawnSite Member

Sorry about that. IT looked kind if deserted in the heavy mach forum.

Thanks for the comments

4. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

I'm not sure of the price diff between here and the states so I don't really want to say much about the price... We have a 863 and I love it...smooth buckets rarely get used (by us) they are good for scooping material off paved surfaces but not much good for anything else..$10,000 here would be a fair price..try to get attachments thrown in eg.. forks,toothbucket,tree scoop.. big sod roll attachment etc... squeeze whatever you can out of the deal.

5. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

sound like a fair price i picked up a 94 773 in the spring similar set up for 7000.. no bucket positioning ......wish i had it

6. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

that price is ok, check machine out for hydro leaks and cracks on lift arms.

7. georgel

georgel LawnSite Member

Deal didn't feel right so, I am still looking. I am looking at getting a 773 because mos of what I will do is final grades/paver prep and other misc. stuff. I am also looking to use it in the winter for snow removal. Any tips?

OBRYANMAINT-
    how many hours were on your 773 when you bought it? Is that an average price in your area?

Thanks all