Bobcat 873F information rrequest

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by DuckettMillHolidayHouse, Jan 31, 2005.

1. DuckettMillHolidayHouse

DuckettMillHolidayHouse LawnSite Member

I have the opportunity to purchase a bank reposessed 1999 Bobcat 873F for $7K. The specs look good and equipment is in good shape. Any one have any experince with these for landscaping.
    Ric

2. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

The 800 series can be somewhat large for most, average, landscape jobs. If you have a lot of smaller lots that you are working on, it will be too big for you. On the flip side, if you primarily have larger lots with more open areas, it will be fine.

The price looks good, but unless you are doing a lot of hardscapes or needing to do a lot of heavy lifting, I'd try to find something smaller. Though, for that price, if it's in good shape, it probably wouldn't be a bad investment....

Dan

3. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

Terrible machine, wouldn't touch it for $7000.00. Btw, where is it for sale?

Seriously, as Dan stated, if you're doing heavy lifting it is a good machine. For smaller landscape jobs it may be a bit too heavy, but for that price, if everything checks out, I'd jump on it.

4. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

yeah, if the hours are anywhere near normal for that vintage, I'd say it's a killer deal. I like my 753 on a lot of landscape jobs because it's so manuverable, but something like a 8 series would be a lot nicer for moving pallets of block/pavers.

That would be hard for me to pass up at that price.

5. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Whats thier phone # LOL What are the hours on this machine that might make a big difference. But if you really wanted with low or normal hours you could trade it in for a new smaller machine and make more than 7k on it.

Jason

6. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

that's what i was thinking

buy for $7K trade in for $12K on something else.

7. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

How many hours on it Ric? Price is definitely right.

Never had an 873 ...I believe I was in one a few years back(just moving it on a construction site)and it was moving pallets around with ease. I'm guessing that the our S220 is comparable now.
    Besides our MT50 our smallest machine is now a 853 ...all great for landscaping on most lots around here.

8. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

You don't want to but that...give me the info, and I'll call and tell them myself :D Seriously, if you need a larger skidsteer, you can't go wrong with an 800 series with vertical lift arm...especially at 7K.I have ran the 873 many times, and find it to be comfortable all day, especially with the airless noflat tires. Good hydraulic flow and ergonomic controls are a plus , too. If you have the work, like lots of block work or large lawn installs, you can recover that 7K in a very short time.

9. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Well DuckettMillHolidayHouse Did you buy the loader? I dont know how you found out about it because if it was advertised around here it woul be gone becasue i would buy it j/k lol. You can never have to many tractors/loaders

Jason

10. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Gotta love those one post wonders eh.