Bobcat a220

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by kiwiwill, Mar 2, 2008.

1. kiwiwill

kiwiwill LawnSite Member

Does anyone own or has had experience with a bobcat a220 all wheel steer loader?
    are the benefits of the all wheel steering more of an advantage than the benefits of a tracked machine?

Cheers

2. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

All depends on what your doing with it. Are you on lawns alot?

3. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

I like the concept but it depends on your situation to determan if it is worth the extra cost and weight. I still would love to get a A300 one day. I like how it could save allot of money on tires.

4. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

I have AWS on a toolcat and rarely use that feature. It comes in handy in tight spots, however. I imagine that the AWS on a skid would be a great feature if you had a lawn or recently built asphalt drive to work on.

5. BIGBEN2004

Also it would work great if you had to unload material off trucks and had to turn on asphalt allot. That would save on tires and would also be allot more smoother for the cargo being unloaded.

6. kiwiwill

kiwiwill LawnSite Member

We are on lawns alot, we also do alot of new lawn installations.

7. RentalGuy

RentalGuy LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

I had one in my rental fleet for about 2 years. It was a great machine and my customers really loved the ability to switch between skid and AWS mode. I rented my 220 out on road projects where a sweeper was required or where there would be a lot of use on hard surfaces. The sweeper / 220 combo was the most popular due to the fact that it was easier on the operator and the tires.

It was also used on a lot of lawn jobs where landscapers would be working in the back of a home and there was a need to move materials and such from the front of the home or the road back to the site without disturbing the finished lawn.

Overall, it was a decent renter and the response was fantastic... but it was a bit too specialized for general rental purposes and I took an opportunity and sold it to a landscaper.

If I were a landscaper and had the extra coin to spend, I would get one for sure.

8. BIGBEN2004

What is the price on a new A300? Do they make a A330 yet?

9. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

no they dont make an a330 i dont think there going to either

10. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I agree, I doubt you will see that model go AWS.