1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat able to lift a cube of bricks?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Impact-Vector, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Impact-Vector

Impact-Vector LawnSite Member

My next job is to lay a new set of bricks over a concrete slab.
    I'm picking up the bricks tomorrow but was wondering if I could use some forks on my bobcat to move them around? weight wise I am not concerned.

When I tried looking online I see mostly British trucks using a clamp type attachment. I know they won't come on a pallet but trying to decide how much this might suck ;)

2. TomG

TomG LawnSite Senior Member

I assume your talking about clay bricks? If so they should have steel bands that go around the cube and hold them all together. You should be able to pick them up no problem.

3. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

It would be wise to take a empty pallet with you when you go pick up the new bricks and have the brick people put the cube on the pallet. That way when you get to the jobsite you know you will be able to pick them up.

4. Impact-Vector

Impact-Vector LawnSite Member

big red- i love that advise! now i just have to find an empty pallet! Thanks guys
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. tom18287

tom18287 LawnSite Member

yeah have your mason supply put them on pallets for you. ideally you need 4 forks to pick up masonry cubes (2 inside, 2 outside of the cube) i have seen them collapse because of this

6. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

Drive around to the backside of some retail stores ( walmart, lowes). There's always some pallets thrown out back there.
    Posted via Mobile Device