bobcat B300b opinions

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by tnmtn, Sep 4, 2005.

1. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

hello all,
    in the next few weeks i will be demoing the bobcat B300, john deere 110, and a couple kubotas. i have read the discussions about the deere and kubotas but am having a hard time finding info about the bobcat tlb's. i will be using it primarily for small construction projects, digging water and sewer lines and maybe a little landscaping. just curious what people that have used this machine have to say about it. anything i should look out for during the demo. thanks in advance for any help and great group here. learned a good bit just going through the old messages.
    good luck,
    metin

2. Mini man

Mini man LawnSite Member

You should be buying a CAT IMHO!

3. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I honestly wouldn't reccommend one of Cat's Challenger compact tractors, that's not their market and I'm still unsure of why they started producing these tractors, Kubota and Deere will always dominate the compact tractor market. For everything else, I highly suggest Cat.

4. tnmtn

from NE Tn.

thanks for the input. the smallest cat tlb i found was the 416D. i'm sure it is a nice tractor but it is a little big for what i have in mind. i would like to stay below 50 hp for now at least. maybe down the road who knows.
    thanks,
    metin

5. Florida 5 Star

Florida 5 Star LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I have a Bobcat B200 that has been just great never given me a lick of trouble
    Starts with out a hitch and is small enough to get into the tight spots Digs 10'1" and lifts about 2k with the bucket

Its sad that I'm selling it but I need a 3-point for box blade and tiller

I think I am Gonna Get the kubota L39TLB it runs about 36k with an 18" rear bucket but the backhoe drops off to let you use 3 point attachments

6. tnmtn

from NE Tn.

thanks for the reply florida. the L39 is one of the tlb's i am going to demo. i have been going over the specs for it, the L48, deere 110, and the B300. it seems like the B300 is a powerful unit compared to the others.the L48 is the only one that looks better on the spec sheet. i know numbers aren't everything but would have thought it would have thought it should have a little more of a following. or at least a few more opinions. hardly any mention of it anywhere. there is a guy on tractorbynet that sings the praises of the earthforce ef-4 which is almost the same as the B300. glad the B200 worked out for you.
    metin

7. Florida 5 Star

from Florida

The L48 is nice but short on some features that the L39 has standard
    I really like the curved J type boom on the dipper with enclosed hydraulics

Earth Force (from the Czech Republic ) was purchased by bobcat in 2001
    http://www.bobcat.com/news/arc/news_arc_superstav.html
    a good machine but the parts are a but hard to get I have heard a mechanics tale that a machine was OOS for 6 Mo waiting on a Planetary Gear for the Transmission

The JD 110 is nice but you have too many options to get the standard of the Kubota

You have the Right Idea Demo Demo Demo
    Have fun and keep safe

8. tnmtn

from NE Tn.

another update. i tested a JD 110. didn't like it much when compared to the B300. the hydraulics were not near as smooth. the transition from front to back is a bit of a chore as well. couldn't get the seat to lock in at the bh position. probably has to do with set up. also got to play around for a few hours on a kubota L35. nice machine. i liked it better than the deere but still like the B300 best from what i have tried. the downside to the B300 seemes to be the lack of a 3 point hitch. it feels much stronger digging and turns tighter. also it isn't able to run the bobcat attachments that require high hydraulic flow. from what i can gather. now the decision process begins. got the horse today now just to decide on the cart to tow behind. just when you think its figured out the little voice says skid steer mini-ex combo. still the B300 is the favorite at this point.
    take care,
    metin

9. Florida 5 Star

from Florida

The L39 has more horses and has a built in 3 point and pto connections that means box blad tiller and the rest it also is a lot smoother than the L35

10. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

(Side note: Cat no longer makes the Challenger line. The naming rights, product line, and some other issues were sold to Agco, which is why you may see some Cat Challenger wheeled tractors. However, they are by and by Agco machines -- except the MT series, which Cat designed until its sale.)

Okay, back on track...