Bobcat Bucket Positioning

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by wanabe, Jan 17, 2010.

1. wanabe

wanabe LawnSite Senior Member
    from So. IL

The T-300 I recently purchased has the Bucket Positioning switch, but I can not get it to work or get the switch to light up. Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong? I think this feature allows the machine to have a self leveling bucket? This T-300 has the gold lable on the front below the step, so im thinging it should have this feature and the switch is not just a fake switch? Thanks!

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Check the fuses and relays.

3. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

pull the switch and see if it is connected. then do as ron says. Gold package has bucket leveling I believe.

4. wanabe

from So. IL

I pulled all the fuses today, and found 1 15 amp fuse that was bad. i replaced it and it did nothing. I will get a test light out in the morning and try to trace it down. Bobcat bucket positioning switch is new to me, so I thought maybe I was just doing something wrong.

5. twward

twward LawnSite Member

Just a little info on Bobcats. They use a generic panel in every loader they sell. It is cheaper for them to mass produce a single panel.

From the sounds of it, you do not have the necessary hardware to engage bucket positioning. The Gold Package does not always signify bucket positioning. You can have it installed at your local dealership for around $800-900.

Your panel also shows a button/switch for high flow hydraulics but unless that feature was specified when ordered from the factory, you don't have that either.

Hope that helps.

6. SellingIron

SellingIron LawnSite Senior Member
    from FTE

You hit the nail right on the head!!!!!!. If the light does not come on for the bucket positioning or high-flow.. You have neither...If it does not say high-flow underneath the model number (G-series) or front of boom ( K-Series) your out of luck..Don't ask how much to add high-flow!!!!!

7. wanabe

from So. IL

So the switch may be fake. Hmm, any other things I can look for to see if it has the positioning(other than the light)? Im not sure about the high flow. It does have 3 hyd lines on the boom. Is that highflow or just a case drain? It also has the electric plug in for something. I don't have a need for highflow, so thats really not a issue. Thanks

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  8. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

you can lift the boom arms and if the bucket tries and levels out, you have bucket positioning.

9. wanabe

from So. IL

But that only going to work on any bobcat after the button is pressed? If I don't have power at the switch it won't work? Or does the switch shut off the self leveling?

10. A fairly quick way to confirm if your loader has this option is to call your local Bobcat dealer and have your serial number ready. They can typically call the factory and confirm how your machine was optioned out at the time of production.