Bobcat/ Bunton

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John P., Nov 28, 2004.

1. John P.

John P. LawnSite Senior Member

Who out there is running Bobcats or buntons? What do you think of them?

2. lawncat

lawncat LawnSite Member

We've been using the older pre-Textron Buntons since the early 70's and still have several that go on the trucks regularly. They DON'T make them like they used to.

The newer ones models are no different than all the other major brands--it's purely personal preference in how the machine feels in your own hands on your jobsites! Any major player, especially a Hydro unit, will give you many many years of good profitable service life.

3. richard coffman

richard coffman LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 48" bunton/bobcat walkbehind with variable drive. It's an old unit that I'm working on during the winter months. it's ok, but I'd rather get rid of it and go with a new exmark hydro walkbehind.

4. imalandscper

imalandscper LawnSite Member

mine gets the crap beat out of it every day and it is loving it

5. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

They are as good as most of the other machines and like stated above, its mainly personal preference.

6. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a 2000 54" Bunton w/b with a proslide. Just finished its 5th season and am happy with it. Leaves a nice cut and stripe. OEM parts are a bit expensive.

7. twwlawn

twwlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I got a green tank, 2003 36" gear drive. Great cut except for backing up. I'm selling it.

8. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

I run Bobcat's and love them. Never have any trouble, and they cut very very well. They leave a great stripe. I just wish they came with more bells and whistles. For example I had to buy an after market bagging system for both.

9. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

Running a 2003 36" Bobcat. Love it except backing up. Worth the investment!

10. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

We have a 48" ztr and it is a tank. I also have a 20 year old bunton that still goes and goes though it is only used on my lawn these days.