BOBCAT CONTROLS WHAT DO YOU PREFER SJC,ACS or OG

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by toomuchtime, Jan 13, 2010.

1. toomuchtime

toomuchtime LawnSite Senior Member

Im about to pull the trigger on a used machine t300 or t250. I just dont know how important the sjc control system is. About 5% of the used machines have it very hard to find! Whats your take on it other then the comfort level how important are the controls. I plan on doing mostly light excavating,trenching,road maintenance and brushing with this machince with possibly some mulching depending on the demand in my area. Whats your take?

2. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

What year are you looking at?

3. toomuchtime

toomuchtime LawnSite Senior Member

There is two T250's one 2008 and one 2006 both gold package with sjc controls one has 700 hours the other 1100 one is 28k the other is 25K both are highflo.

The 2006 t300 has 1400 hours new tracks and gold package 29K standard controls high flo.

4. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

I have an '08 joystick s330 machine. I like it compared to my old pedals and sticks. I tried a t320 with sticks and felt like it was a lot of work after using joysticks for a year. I also like the ability to dial down my speed and adjust the sensitivity of the controls. I can also swap between H pattern and ISO.

5. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

I like the hand and foot controls but then again thats what i learned on. I feel you get the most out of the machine power wise when pushing with a hand and foot machine. I like joysticks to and bobcat has FIXED that delay crap years ago so thats not an issue. Maybe my next machine i will look into the joysticks

6. YellowDogSVC

from TX

Sometiimes i'm in my machine 5 hour straight without a pee break. I like having the hand controls as I have more room in the floor for my feet and when my legs get cramped I can lift them out of the foot wells.

I was thinking. Though the footwells get cramped, the new Bobcat's don't have them? I like them because it helps me "get a grip" when working on side hill or rough terrain. I can lock my feet down there where the pedals/footplates are and help steady myself. Hmmm. It just occured to me why I felt "loose" in my Cat 272c.

7. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Go with SJC, how antiquated is it to control a machine with 80+ hp and move 2500 pounds of loader capacity around with 2 push sticks and foot pedals, even the smallest of mini excavators have pilot controls, and some of them can barely struggle to lift 1000 pounds with 20 hp.

Step up to the real world and get away from Bobcat's stone age controls.

8. ioilyouin

ioilyouin LawnSite Senior Member

The olde style controls give more control and feel, but they will wear you. Who's operating the machine? Someone new will pick up on the SJC's much quicker.

9. YellowDogSVC

from TX

Exactly. I have leg muscles and arm muscles to prove that but I was sore as hell after a long day. Now all I get is carpal tunnel syndrome but i can live with numb hands! :)

10. SellingIron

SellingIron LawnSite Senior Member
    from FTE

Stone Age Controls: More control of power when you are around homes etc. Less to go wrong down the road. Gives you a great work out. (Cancel your gym membership) Save money right there!!!!!:weightlifter:

SJC: Won't wear you out, Smooth, speed control (needed for some attachments), Cost more to replace down the road..You can drive with one hand and drink beer with another...:drinkup: