Bobcat cross bar tracks

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by YellowDogSVC, Jan 29, 2011.

1. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

Anyone running Bobcat cross bar tracks on a large frame (s250, s300) loader and NOT using spacers? It's been about 6 years for me and I remember running without spacers for awhile. I can't rememember if my tracks rubbed. I had Loegering Trailblazers which seemed to sit up higher than the Bobcat crossbar tracks.

Any thoughts?

2. tawilson1152

tawilson1152 LawnSite Member

I just bought a 2008 S250 and got a set of the Bobcat steel tracks. The dealer installed 2" spacers. I haven't measured the clearance to see if it had a shot of working without the spacers. I'll check. I could fit the machine on my trailer with the spacers, but it will be very close with the tracks between the wheel wells.

3. FLCthes4:11-12

FLCthes4:11-12 LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a 2006 NH ls180 that i run loegering tracks on. I was able to flip my wheels to put the offset out. Not sure if it will cause long term problems but know of serveral operators that run them that way around here. Also my tracks normally dont stay on very long only in wet or lots of dirt or clearing work. I also like the wider stance when the tracks are off.

4. tawilson1152

tawilson1152 LawnSite Member

I checked mine out today and I couldn't see where the track would rub without the spacers. But I don't know if it would create other problems, for instance branches or stones getting caught between the machine and the tracks.

5. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

I ran my s250 for awhile like I mentioned. I am just looking to do something on and off for occasional use. Thanks for the measurements..