bobcat deck height adjustment???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jiggz, May 20, 2008.

1. jiggz

jiggz LawnSite Senior Member
    from jerz

so i just purchased a 48 inch ransomes w/b the other day.. but i think the deck is outta wack the problem is with all the spacers off the front casters its cutting around 3 inches at its lowest setting and thats with 3 spacers on each blade!... normally i would cut any ware from around 2 1/2 to 3 inches .. I think the back is set to high .. and from the info i have found, theres an adjustment on the rear axel itself and on the rear of the deck

anyhoo how do you guys have your decks set running these mowers?

2. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

I drilled holes between the second and third holes as the second hole puts me to low and the third gave me to much rake for my heights. 2 5/8in. and 2.75 mostly.

3. btnj47

btnj47 LawnSite Senior Member

I have found the same with mine also . deck position 3 seems too low but position 4 is too high so went back to 3 then used 2 of the thick spacers and one smallest one on the casters and i seem to be at 2 1/2 inch blade hight and racked back some but im told this is ok

4. jiggz

jiggz LawnSite Senior Member
    from jerz

this is going to sound like a stupid question but whats rake?

is all thats needed, is to take out the 4 bolts ( 2 on each side) drop it down a notch and bolt it back up.. i have noticed that if i drop it doun the other 2 bolt holes " 1 on each side)wont like up

hummm

5. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Rake or blade pitch, best cut is typically 1/8 to 1/4 inch lower in the front than the rear. Check with the inexpensive John Deere tool.

On my machine you have to slide front and rear holes at the same time or they don't line up. You then have to change the belt spring tension to keep the drive tension right.

6. themowerman

themowerman LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

The procedure is in your owners manual. It will tell you what holes to mount the rear axle in and what sequence of spacers to use on front casters and blades. If you don't have your manual any more you can go to www.bobcatturf.com ...................