BobCat Deck Problem

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by fly-4-fun, Feb 9, 2006.

1. fly-4-fun

fly-4-fun LawnSite Member

I've got a BobCat ZTR with a 61" deck and 25 HP Kohler engine. Purchased it
    used with 600 hrs. on it. Had very good maintenance on the machine, no problems with the mechanical part. What I do have is a problem with clippings
    blowing up from around the front part of the deck. After a large lawn mowing,
    I'm covered from my knees down with clippings. I keep the underside of the
    deck clean hoping that would help, but it doesn't seem to. Usually mow at about 3 1/2" to 4". Also use a bagger sometimes, and the clippings go into the catcher fine, but there is still lots on me as well. Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks in advance,

fly-4-fun

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

You may try adjusting the deck and give it a 1/4" lower pitch in front.

Welcome to Lawnsite also.

3. fly-4-fun

Thanks, Restrorob, that helped a bunch. Also thanks for the welcome to LawnSite.

4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Glad it hepled, See Ya Round......

Oh, I see your screen name, What is it you fly ?

5. fly-4-fun

I fly a Piper Cherokee 140, it's a small 4 place single engine plane. Wish I had started flying sooner, but just couldn't afford it until I was about 40 yrs old.

6. namesdustin

namesdustin LawnSite Member

Have you got the mower in the air and checked the baffle inside the deck? We had a bobcat do the same thing to us a while back. If that is it then its nothing a hammer won't fix.

7. fly-4-fun

Yeah, I had checked that, thought it might be bent, but that wasn't the problem. When I reset the deck level that helped a lot with the problem. I thought it might be because I was mowing at such a high setting, but a friend of mine has the same mower and doesn't have that problem.