Bobcat Door Glass

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by vntgrcr, Apr 9, 2008.

1. vntgrcr

vntgrcr LawnSite Senior Member

Hello All,
    I succeeded in smashing the glass on my T190 door yesterday with a tree limb. Anyone know if you can buy just the glass?? The frame is fine. Just checking here before I go to the dealer. Thanks

2. ff1221

ff1221 LawnSite Member

Check with your local glass shop first, they may be able to cut a new piece and fit it in the frame, it's likely just tempered. Could be a dealer only option if it's curved and laminated, but I'd start there.

3. Kepple Services

Kepple Services LawnSite Senior Member

You cant buy just the glass... I have tried. From the dealer anyway. After going through 2 pricey (read, bend over with no lube) I went to the polycarbonate window. I have had things hit it so hard my ears rings.... and no breaking.

4. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Kepple, how does that polycarbonate hold up as to scratches and washing? Is it a fairly scratch resistant surface is what I am trying to ask.....

5. vntgrcr

vntgrcr LawnSite Senior Member

Did you make a template for the frame and just cut it out of that? And is polycarbonate just "plexi glass"?

6. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I believe it to be Lexan.

7. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

A good glass shop should beable to cut you any window if its a flat panel which most equipment windows are.

8. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

the one i helped a guy put back in(it popped out) was curved from side to side and top to bottom, so a flat piece wont work (thing it was on a t-350) but those gaskets and rings and a pain to get back in there

9. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

You CAN buy just the glass. I break glass all the time that's why I switched to Lexan. The glass runs under $200 installed at my local dealer or you can install it yourself if you are patient. The g series and later cabs are a pain to get the window seal back on but once you do it it goes quicker the 2nd time.
    You can actually buy door frames for about $90, glass, and gaskets and hardware and build yourself a 2nd spare door. If you want to spring for it, get a 2nd wiper assembly and you have a complete 2nd door so you don't have any down time if you break the window again.

10. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

remember, Bobcat windows are slightly curved. Straight lexan cut to fit the frame will not work well in the bobcat frame.