Bobcat Doubles

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LakeSide Lawn and Landscape, May 27, 2003.

1. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have to do somthing other than bolt them on to make them work correctly?Havent tried it yet but am going to.Any help would be great!

2. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

anybody???????????????????:confused:

3. Fireman D

Fireman D LawnSite Member

I started off the mowing season using double blades (gators on top, high lift on bottom) but my left side blades kept running together. Also messed up my sleeve that goes up into the spindle(sleeve where the bolt screws into). So I took off the doubles and went back to single high lifts, it's doing just fine.

4. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Just bolt them in a X formation and start mowing.

5. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 54" Bunton 17 hp Kawasaki wb. Same as Bobcat. When I use doubles I just bolt them in a + pattern and its ok. But I like the way this mower cuts with singles better.

6. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

I just put double BobCat high lifts on my 54" 20hp Bobcat w/b. They are awesome. I've had them on for about a week now, and no problems. Just bolt them on in an "X" and mow away.

I did hit the edge of a sidewalk yesterday. I lifted the deck to see that the right side blades were not at 90 degrees anymore. I just loosened it up, aligned them, and really torqued that bolt down. No problems....