bobcat fastcat pro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by exclusive contracting, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Grass Shark

Grass Shark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone 7

The fast cat pro is a brand new model out for commercial use. The old fastcat was bobcats residential zero turn. Now they have the fastcat pro. The mower that you have Milo is not a fast cat then, you must have a procat, which if that is the machine you have they are very nice. Here is a fast cat pro:

http://www.bobcatturf.com/products/ztm/fastcat_pro/index.html

ALL fastcats come with 20" tires and ZT2800 tranaxles and the largest engine available is a 23 hp.... so I am led to believe we are talking about different machines. All the information I gave here was out of my dealers mouth, and you made me question and go to the website, but he was right. He told me "You don't want that machine, it is a residential unit with a commercial warranty" and specs say he is right.

Sorry to hijack your thread exclusive contracting

2. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

Actually the fastcat 61" comes with a 24hp kaw or 23hp vanguard and has zt3400 driveline with 23" tires on it.

3. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

\
    hi yes you are probally right, i was wrong thinking you were talking the real commercail mowers they make. and yes bobcat names are kinda always changing but yet still confusing lol. i thought he was asking about the model like i have and i can say the REAL commercial mowers they make are right with scag, hustler, exmark.. sorry:drinkup:

4. exclusive contracting

exclusive contracting LawnSite Member

guys thanks for all your input maybe i should look at the pro cat 52 with the 19 kaw and 10cc pump and wheel motors what do you guys think.

5. Grass Shark

from Zone 7

No big deal.
    Sounds like a good choice exclusive contracting, Before you buy check out the gravely's if you have a dealer around you... 13mph... I was impressed withe the overall machine.

6. Grass Shark

from Zone 7

And the 19hp may be a little weak on tall thick grass with a 52", I never tried it but it may bog down, just something to think about. Good Luck

7. exclusive contracting

exclusive contracting LawnSite Member

im actually getting a great deal on a fast cat pro 48 19 kaw 4700 new

8. Grass Shark

from Zone 7

even though that is a great number I would take my money and buy a used real commercial zero turn. I did exactly what you are doing, it was not enough machine and I lost $1200 when I sold it with 18 hours on it. If you have or think you are getting more than 25 weekly cuts you already need more machine.

9. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

That's a nice deal ....!

10. jmullins6987

jmullins6987 LawnSite Member

The bobcat fastcat pro is one of the best built small mowers on the market. You should go to your dealer and check one out in person youll be inpressed.