1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

bobcat fastcat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassmannj, Dec 20, 2006.

1. grassmannj

grassmannj LawnSite Member

Test drove a bobcat fast cat today 36 17hp kawi. I thought it was a little touchy at first, but then like everything i got use to it.
    4999 witch seems alitte high. any thoughts?
  2. Grass-Masters

Grass-Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I don't have any experience with them, but a buddy of mine uses only bobcat and swears by them.
  3. CutNLawns

CutNLawns LawnSite Member

I have two 61" and a 72" Bobcats and like them over all other brands I have used so I am kinda partial to the bobcats. I demod the 36" Fast cat for them a while back hoping it would cut down on the time on my properties where i use my 36" walk behind. On the fenced in yards that are flat and wide open I was done in a third of the time BUT for properties that have any inclines or irregularites it was pretty much useless as it has ZERO traction. The little 6" tires would slide on the slightest of grades and basically did more damage than good. I returned it and offered my opinion that it was the perfect tool for those people that only had flat fenced in yards but other than that it was useless. The dealer comented that he had the same comments from those that demoed the 48" and 52" also. Last I heard they were going to work on the traction for it and have me try it again. IMO if it had more weight and better traction they might have something.