Bobcat Help

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Tq23, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Tq23

Tq23 LawnSite Member

I am working on a project for someone and i was looking for a little help with how long something will take. I am a novice when it comes to operating a bobcat and don't know how long this will take.

I need to excavate an area that is 100 ft by 160 ft. I need to remove 2 feet of soil in this area. The excavated soil will be used to make a berm pretty close to the area where the hole will be. I need to know how long it will take to dig this hole? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

3. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

Or a takeuchi:)

4. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

A lot of varialbes on this, what size bobcat? What kind of bucket/blade? What kind of soil? Have you done any test digs down to the 2" depth needed? is it all loamy top soil? sand? clay? is there 1' of rock at the bottom? is it solid stone under the top soil?

5. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

100' x 160' is a pretty big area to dig 2' out of with a bobcat. you need a track hoe.

6. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

its 1500 yards with swell factor. call an excavation company, and sub it out. a novice in a bobcat (regardless of size) will never get this done. you would have to go full tilt for a month of 12 hr work days