Bobcat Hydro Walk behind- Front Caster question

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by alphaboy1, Jun 1, 2008.

1. alphaboy1

alphaboy1 LawnSite Member
    from CT

Hello,

One of my front wheels on my Bobcat Hydro walkbehind jumps up and down a little more than the other fromt wheel? Is there something that needs replacing or do I just ignore?

Thanks.

2. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

It's probably the wheel bearing or mount roller bearing going out or both. Should'nt be too hard to fix. I'd do it just to get rid of rattles and prevent damage to shaft/mount.

3. alphaboy1

from CT

Hi,

Where is the roller bearing located?

Thanks!

4. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

In the center of the wheel, were the U hooks up.

5. DaughtryLC

U could have wear on the "caps" on the top and bottom were the rod for the wheel goes in. U know were the hight is adjusted. Im sure there not called caps but the name will not come to me.

6. alphaboy1

from CT

7. DaughtryLC

yes I replaced these on a WB I had once

8. DaughtryLC

Thats It A Bushing

9. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I've bought those bushings for a lot of mowers and they all seem to be the same. I was in Lowes yesterday and it appears they have them also. I didn't scrutinize the part just eyeballed it while looking for something else in the hardware section.
    At a dealer they are like $4 a piece and the one at Lowes was around $2-2.50 or so. I think they're bronze. Tony
    btw-Pickup some emory cloth, you'll need to rub down the castor shaft smooth because those bushings are snug when new. Tony

10. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Just an update for anyone looking for bronze bushings at Lowes. I was wrong, they were at Tractor Supply. I had been on a hardware hunting mission and had been at several places. I was there again yesterday and noticed them at TSC. They may possibly be at Lowes also but for sure at TSC. Tony