Bobcat Master Key

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by raschmid07, May 10, 2006.

1. raschmid07

raschmid07 LawnSite Member

I am looking for a Bobcat master key for my uncle's general contracting company to help manage the fleet of skid steers. He wants to have a master key for himself when he visits the jobs, mainly because they all run a different key right now. Should I go to the dealer and order a key or is there somewhere on the internet i could order one? Thanks for your help.

2. murray83

murray83 LawnSite Senior Member

i'd go straight to the dealer honestly,can't always trust ebay might be a lil more money but better than buying a fraud key

3. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats funny because I'vr used my bobcat key in many different loaders and it always works.

4. Kepple Services

Kepple Services LawnSite Senior Member

All bobcat keys are the same....

5. turboawd

turboawd LawnSite Member
    from midwest

i think pretty much most equipment maker's keys are universal per brand.

6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I hate how all the machines from any manufacturer runs with the same key, really makes it hard to keep thieves from taking a machine or even vandalizing a machine for that matter. Anyone could get into our machine's fuel tanks or service doors and do some pretty good damage if they wanted to, but I think we're pretty safe living in a really small community.

7. oldrustycars

oldrustycars LawnSite Senior Member

ive never seen a Bobcat that didnt run on the same key. recently we rented a couple Case skid loaders which i didnt know about. i needed to move one, but didnt have a Case key..the bobcat key worked. all Cat equipment runs on one of two keys. when i was driving lowboy we had a ring of about a dozen keys that worked on darn near everything.

8. janb

janb LawnSite Senior Member

so.... what is preferred skid / equip job site security measure (short of hauling away everyday (most of my sites are pretty remote, i.e. no resident w/ shotgun)

1) hidden fuel shut off? (don't like the idea of running inj pump dry)
    2) hidden battery cut-off?
    3) handle locks
    4) other ?

9. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

We replaced out keyswitch with a push button and put a hidden toggle switch on the machine.

10. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

This is why I am getting the bobcat key pad start in my machine shortly. My buddy has it and after playing with it I got to have it. Not only from the santity factor. But the easyness. If you have a attachment that requires electronic control, it will tell you what controls do what to run the attachment.