Bobcat mower owner

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Heller Landscaping, Aug 21, 2002.

1. Heller Landscaping

Heller Landscaping LawnSite Member

How many of you guys have a Bobcat w/b xm series with the cogged belt to the wheels. I have one and love it. Do you know of any other ones that make mowers with cogged belts.:)

2. lukemus53

lukemus53 LawnSite Member
    from 28071

i have a zt bobcat 52 inch with a 23hp kawi.i run double blades.it has 225 hours on it and thus far has been trouble free.it will cut the big stuff and also strip very nice.do i sound pleased--you bet!

3. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: i have 9 bobcats from 36-61" and love every on of them, the larger units are hydro and are outstanding. as far as the cogged belt you have that choice when purchasing belts to get the cogged or "solid", i to like the cogged. t

4. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 32" with single belt. It's cogged also. The tires aren't as fat as the larger mowers and the wheel pulleys get damaged because they're so close to the ground.

5. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

Iv'e been running bobcats since 85, and have been very happy with the cut, reliability, and length of service I get out of one.
    Currently I only have the hydro 48 wb, and am toying with the idea of changing the contols and motor.
    I had the zt 200, 23kawi/61", but it didn't cut like the wb's so I sent it packing after 1050 hours.
    Doubles would have cured the problem, but I discovered that too late.
    Sure wish I kept it this spring when the grass was growing fast...

6. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

Just got my August issue of L&L magazine, better late than never I guess. Anyway, according to them, Dane Scag started Bob-Cat manufacturing. True?