bobcat mower owners?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cash_money, Jul 23, 2005.

1. cash_money

cash_money LawnSite Member
    from usa

Are these mowers any good? I'll be looking at the Predator Pro 61 with the 33hp power mower and with the 31hp witch one would you guys want? Any way i go i'll be getting two new ztr mowers. Does bobcat stripe good? Do you guys have any pics of the stripes? Also how good do the striping kits help out?

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I've heard good things about the Bob Cat ztr's. I would go with the 31 hp because i've also heard many good things about them. Briggs is a larger company and they are great to deal with if you have a warranty issue.

3. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

prederator pro 31 hp :thumbs up:

4. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

I have been running bunton ztr's for about three? years now. (almost the same as bobcat) very well built, stripe great with no kit, I can't help with your 31 or 33 hp question though. I only have experience with the 25hp kaw,26hp efi koh, and currently run two 28hp efi kohlers. I liked all of them but preferred the efi models.

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I say ditto to that.
    And Briggs does stand behind there product and treat there customers with great respect.

6. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

I know a guy that has a bob cat 61" and ferris 61" the ferris is newer and he use to use that however he's been using the bob cat more b/c he said he likes how it stripes. It has about 2,000 hours on it too so I guess they last a while.

7. Green lawns

Green lawns LawnSite Member

We have a Bob Cat Z-125, 48" deck with the Kohler 25 HP. Its a 2001 model and very little problems with it. It does leave a very nice looking stripe without striping kit. They are great mowers!