1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat Mower Problems

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by nej_008, Jun 15, 2012.

1. nej_008

nej_008 LawnSite Member

I have a bobcat mower that the blades wont turn on. I have replaced the PTO switch, the clutch, and the relay. Does anyone else have any ideas?
  2. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

3. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Have you tried troubleshooting or just throwing parts at it?

Model number would be a good place to start.
  4. cbegap

cbegap LawnSite Member

Is that the only symptom? Without knowing any more than this I'll take a go at it. 1. I'm going to assume you have checked continuity of the wiring harness to make sure that it is ok. 2. Assuming it is a Zero turn, under the seat on the left side toward the front, there are typically 3 relays and a safety control module. The relays are usually all the same so you can switch them around and see if it does anything differently. I would also clean out your fuse holders with electric cleaner stuff and make make sure nothing looks burnt or melted. Scag owners are all the time saying they have to replace their fuse holders. I have had a voltage regulator/rectifier go bad and not provide enough voltage to the system to run the clutch, but it would run the machine (on a Toro Proline). Depending on if other things would work/not work and in what scenario it may be the seat safety module, but I just don't have enough info.