1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kkls2006, Jan 3, 2007.

1. kkls2006

kkls2006 LawnSite Member

I have been reading allot of post for the past week or so and have have not seen anything about Bobcat mowers yet. Does anyone run these out there?

2. Grass-Masters

Grass-Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I do not, but I have a buddy that loves his. He will not use anything else.

3. Tom c.

Tom c. LawnSite Member

I have a bobcat 36in.W/B, its an 05 so far so good. Im not partial to any brands but I got a good deal on it! Im thinking of getting a hustler Z in the spring. Research anything you buy thats why this website is so good!!!:waving:

4. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

Thats all we run. Nice cut ,with little breakdowns.

5. crab

crab LawnSite Senior Member

:) we run bobs,hardly any problems.like any piece of equipment buy where you get the best dealer support,its worth much more in the long haul.

6. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

search "bobcat"

lets see, how many milliseconds would that take?

Read from culled search results...

7. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

If you do a search you will find the posts. I have not read anything bad here about them.

That makes me very happy since I sell them :)

8. bushog

bushog LawnSite Member

use all bob cats here but all are about 5 years or older, anybody have new models of walkbehinds, if so have the controls changed any ? Do you still have to have extra long fingers, all day use hard on the hands. I would like to have ferris controls on a bob cat mower ....

9. kkls2006

kkls2006 LawnSite Member

I only ask because nobody talks about them... We own a 52" floating deck w/a 17hp kawi and a 36" w/a 15hp kawi. Service was good when we purchased but is definitely lacking now. I certainly know what your saying about the controls bushog but performance wise they seem to be holding up pretty well (knock on wood) we bought them in 2002.

10. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

We use Bobcat belt drive bobcat w/b's. Their hand controls are very easy on the hands. Very little pressure needed and both 48's & 36's are really easy to k-turn very smoothly and quickly.. no REAL need for hydros IMHO.