1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

bobcat mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 2 clowns mowing, Aug 10, 2007.

1. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

thinking of a bobcat 72" with kaw 37hp motor has anyone used bobcats and how well do they mow?
  2. TSG

TSG LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 36 belt drive and cant kill it
    it is my back-up and "gated" mower
  3. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Very popular here in M.D. the predator is a great mower from what i here the 37 h.p shoud be awesome.They cut very well . Bobcat is really stepping it up with H.p
  4. futureballpro33

futureballpro33 LawnSite Member

Ya they mow real good man.
  5. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

my predator pro is 6 months old with 353hrs on it, 33hp/61". i love it. all i run is bobcats, but its mostly due to the dealer support here
  6. CutNLawns

CutNLawns LawnSite Member

I have a 33HP/61" Predator Pro, a 25HP/61" and a 33HP/72" and love the machines. Good warranty, dealer support and built tough. I have had to "re-engineer" a few parts on the 72" because they use the same parts on the 72" deck as they do with the 61 & 52. The 72" deck weighs ALOT more and I have wore out almost all the parts that hold the deck on in 750 hrs. The 61's run like crazy though! Actually thinking of selling the 25/61 and the 72" and buying a new 61" Predator with the 16cc pumps so all my stripes are consistant.
  7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

After seeing what the 72" decks look like, I would stick with the 61" deck. My dealer just sold a Predator Pro 37hp/61" last week. Got to drive it and it was nice. When you start the engine, it sounds as if your starting the engine of a skid steer.