1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mikbro, Jul 26, 2008.

1. mikbro

mikbro LawnSite Member

Could someone share any info on Bobcat Mowers.
  2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I own 2 a rider and a hydro wb. I also owned another rider but that got sold 3 years ago. Great machine IMO, Nicely built and they stripe awsome. My Exmarks are right there with them but it some cases, I think the Bobcat cuts slightly better. In other cases, the Exmarks do better.

What models are you looking at?
  3. Danielslawnservice

Danielslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

they are good bobcat
    bobcat started it all!
    cut and stripes great use it for a big church and it's great
  4. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I don't own one, so I can't say good or bad... but I ruled them out b/c their top speeds were too low...
  5. tfalb4

tfalb4 LawnSite Member

I think thier walkbehinds are great,I wont buy anything else.
  6. S&K Outdoor

S&K Outdoor LawnSite Member

how wide of tires do you guys use on back of the Bobcats, do they hold a steep sideways grade pretty good?
  7. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

What bobcat are you talking about? The top speeds are too slow? I demoed a predator pro and that thing is fast!!
  8. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Like I said, I don't have one. Met the Bobcat guys at a green show here and we went over the specs. That's all. Unimpressed by their limitations...

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i have a bobcat ransome WB and i love it. it is powerful and stripes nice too after buying it people started coming up to me and asking me to mow their lawns because it stripes so nice
  10. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

Had a Bobcat in 86 . Sold it to buddy who is still using it today and it still runs great . Had about a 1/2 of soil dumped on it due to an engine fire and after all that still ran like a champ and didn't even tweak the deck . Has a Kawi engine on it .