Bobcat mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LakeSide Lawn and Landscape, Nov 18, 2002.

1. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone else use these mowers?I have the 52" z mower and i love it,and it strieps excelent i wish i had a digital camera to show you guys.The only mowers i hear about on here is exmark and hustler and im sure those are great too.Just wanted everyone to know that bobcat makes a great machine as well.:D
  2. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 36 WB and had a 48. I like them allot. This topic creeps up every now and then. Seems they don't get enough talk on the board.

3. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: jake, i have 7 bobcat mowers, 2- 36 walk behind, 4-61" hydro walkbehind, and a 54" ztr and i love them all. they cut great easy to maintain and easy to get parts for if i ever need them which is rare. i also have a walker, dixie and a lazer but i love my bobcats most. good luck tony
  4. Spanky

Spanky LawnSite Member

I use a bobcat 36" wb, belt driven. I have had nothing but good luck with it. It has a 15 HP Kawasaki on it, and it does a great job. As you stated above, it does a very nice job of striping.

I bought this machine used, and next year if everything goes right, I will be buying a new rider:D

Everyone around here tends to use either Exmark, or Toro Z's. Only seen a couple of Bobcats in my area, but there is a dealer fairly close. With my limited (3 years) experience on my 'cat, I'll definitely give them a chance for another machine.

Good Luck,
  5. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 32" Bob-Cat wb and it's great. I bought it used with a blown motor. I put a 12hp b&s on it and was surprised at how well it cut. I enhanced the striping with a weighted rubber flap from eXmark for about $20 and also added gator blades. This size is so versatile, I'll probably keep it forever even after I get larger machines.
  6. Aren't they the worlds largest manufacturer of lawn equipment?
  7. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

I have a friend who is in the business who bought 2 used wb's a couple of years ago. He got a Scag 48" hydro and a Bobcat 36" hydro. He uses the scag more, due to its larger size, but he has no complaints about his Bobcat. They both seem to do an excellent job for him.

C & D LANDSCAPING LawnSite Member

:) I have two bobcat 61" ztr's one is 6 years old with 1800 hours on it still runs and cuts like new, best pieces of equipment on my trailer.

9. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 2000 54" Bunton hydro, (same machine as Bobcat I believe). I have been real happy with it so far. And it definitely stripes nice.
  10. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

Don't know if Bob-Cat/Ransommes is the largest but, Textron is certainly a monster corporation. I bought a small packet of screws the other day and it had Textron on the package. I think they own Cessna and a ton of other companies too.