Bobcat MT 55 walk behind skidsteer

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Cronkshorticulture, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Cronkshorticulture

Cronkshorticulture LawnSite Member

I am looking at purchasing the MT 55 or the Dingo TX 525. I was wondering out of these two which is easier to operate, and which is an all around versatile machine. I don't like Bobcats platform attachment compared to Toros.

2. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Are you dead set on these two machines ?

3. Cronkshorticulture

Honestly no but these are the two closest dealers near me.

4. SDLandscapes VT

SDLandscapes VT LawnSite Senior Member

you need a ditch witch sk650 call this number in the AM and talk to Dan from JESCO and he ll help you

508-612-1782

5. Cronkshorticulture

Is this dealer also in Vermont

6. SDLandscapes VT

7. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Regardless of what machine you get, I'd go with something with a dedicated platform. It's way more productive compared to walk behind units when you need to move lots of material out of tight spaces. It never ceases to amaze me how much material they can move.

I'd look at a Boxer, Vermeer, Or Ditch Witch.

If you need to go big or go home, you could get a diesel DW, SK650, or a Diesel Vermeer S650TX.

If you just need a bit smaller but productive machine, then I would look at gas model, Boxers, Vermeer S600TX or SK350 or whatever the smaller DW model is.

Keep in mind these machines are relatively easy to work on, so just getting parts sent to you expediently should be the deciding factor.

8. Cronkshorticulture

I live in New York so it really wouldn't pay to go to Mass. but thanks for the input on the Ditchwitch

9. SDLandscapes VT

cronks

with this type of machine you don't need a dealer you need a good mechanic and then good parts availability. I live over 4 hours from the DW dealer and less than 10 minutes from a bobcat dealer. I went Ditch Witch and I have no regrets. This isn't a mower purchase where you need dealer support frequently.

You don't go to them they come to you--Dan will drive a demo over to you for you to try out--he did this for me on more than one occasion--even let me go head to head with a vermeer

Don't rule it out over distance--you ll come up far short with that MT

10. Cronkshorticulture

Ok great thanks for the input and the help