1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat MT52?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by mkwl, Apr 2, 2010.

1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the opportunity to buy an '06 Bobcat MT52 with 250 hrs on it for $8,500. Is this a good machine? Good deal?

Anyone have one- how do you like it?

2. oakwdman

oakwdman LawnSite Bronze Member

Seems like a lot for a 4 year old machine now, w/o a bagger I dont think that machine broke the $10k mark when new. Low hours is nice though, idk exactly what it is worth or what I'd necessarily pay for it but $8.5k seems kinda steep.

3. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

good price, that's 1/2 of what it's be new and its not even broken in yet.

4. mkwl

Bagger on a mini skidsteer?????

5. mkwl

That's what I'd heard- buddy of mine has the same one- he loves it- I wanted to get other opinions first- thanks.

6. oakwdman

oakwdman LawnSite Bronze Member

Holy sh*t. Biggest brainfart in the history of ls. I thought you were talking about a ztr. I'm pretty sure their older ztr have similar model names. I was wonderin why the header of the site was brown not green lol. I need to start reading posts more carefully lmao.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. mkwl

It's okay- brain farts happen lol

8. esnipe8

esnipe8 LawnSite Senior Member

Truely amazing machine. I love mine. I wish we would have bought one years ago.
    That price seems very fair for the hours. I would have a mechanic look it over to make there are not any major issues. My has over 1100 hours and still works like a hourse.

9. mario491

mario491 LawnSite Member

I have one, it is unstoppable in wet conditions, and a great all around piece to have.

10. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

I am also looking at one ? any experience with use of stump grinding attachments on them ? and augers ? how effecintly does it work for grading and using the mini hoe ? Thanks