Bobcat MT52?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by mkwl, Apr 2, 2010.

1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the opportunity to buy an '06 Bobcat MT52 with 250 hrs on it for $8,500. Is this a good machine? Good deal?

Anyone have one- how do you like it?

2. oakwdman

oakwdman LawnSite Bronze Member

Seems like a lot for a 4 year old machine now, w/o a bagger I dont think that machine broke the $10k mark when new. Low hours is nice though, idk exactly what it is worth or what I'd necessarily pay for it but $8.5k seems kinda steep.

3. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

good price, that's 1/2 of what it's be new and its not even broken in yet.

4. mkwl

Bagger on a mini skidsteer?????

5. mkwl

That's what I'd heard- buddy of mine has the same one- he loves it- I wanted to get other opinions first- thanks.

6. oakwdman

oakwdman LawnSite Bronze Member

Holy sh*t. Biggest brainfart in the history of ls. I thought you were talking about a ztr. I'm pretty sure their older ztr have similar model names. I was wonderin why the header of the site was brown not green lol. I need to start reading posts more carefully lmao.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. mkwl

It's okay- brain farts happen lol

8. esnipe8

esnipe8 LawnSite Senior Member

Truely amazing machine. I love mine. I wish we would have bought one years ago.
    That price seems very fair for the hours. I would have a mechanic look it over to make there are not any major issues. My has over 1100 hours and still works like a hourse.

9. mario491

mario491 LawnSite Member

I have one, it is unstoppable in wet conditions, and a great all around piece to have.

10. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

I am also looking at one ? any experience with use of stump grinding attachments on them ? and augers ? how effecintly does it work for grading and using the mini hoe ? Thanks