Bobcat on second job of the day!!!

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Greg78, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Not a skid steer either a real live Bobcat. He ran across the road and just sat up on the walkway to the front door. I didn't want to get too close so I zoomed in the best I could with the camera I had on hand. Once the mower started up he took off across the street into an empty lot with some woods on them. There are houses on both sides of the lot. Talked to the lady that lives on one side. She said some of the neighbors had seen the Bobcat before.

This wasn't a rural area there were a good 10 or more houses on this small block.

This was a bank owned property.

Bobcat.jpg

2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

He looks to be around 30-35lbs.

3. Greg78

He was about the same size as my smallest bulldog she weighs in at 80lbs. Your probably right on as the cat don't look to have the muscle mass of my dogs.

4. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

That cat needs to be put down. No fear of people.

5. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

You would be suprised how many of these are now running wild in the SE especially in FL. They could do a number on a small child or family pet. I know he could take my dog if he wanted, as most family pets have never had to fight for food or their life.

6. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Bobcats as well as Coyotes are found all over the state in almost all of the urban areas as well as rural areas and are becoming a problem.

7. Duekster

from DFW, TX

Yes

but when they come out in broad day light with people within a few undered feet then this anamal in particular is dangerous.

8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry, Seeing a Bob cat is nothing unusual in S.W Florida. Many years ago I had a over grown vacant lot next door. A family of Bob Cats lived there. I haven't Seen a Coyote in years, but then I don't go in the woods hunting like I used to.

Florida Panthers are an other story. But just like Scrub Jays and Gopher Turtles, Developers don't want them reported to FWC. Years ago I saw a Florida Panther in an area that is now developed.

BTW I am a Nuances Wildlife Trapper and Bob Cats or Coyotes must be trapped and not shot in Urban areas because to Firearm discharge laws. My local sheriff doesn't let me use a Crossbow either.

9. Duekster

from DFW, TX

Arsenic???

10. Greg78

First one I've seen. I seen a coyote a couple of weeks ago as well both in Charlotte county.