Bobcat owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LakeSide Lawn and Landscape, Aug 28, 2002.

1. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

:blob2: Just wondering if any of you guys had any tips on how to get the bobcat 218es to stripp better?lots of people say the bobcats are great for that but i want mine to strip better than the rest!Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

My Bobcat wb is a striping machine!
    I ran the zt200 for three years and was never satsfied with it's striping or clean out in heavy grass.
    A little dew and clumps everywhere.
    I belive the answer is double blades.
    And I wish I tried it 3 years ago.
    If that don't work, go with a strip of rubber attached to the back of the deck to brush the grass.

Best of luck! BTW my zt was very dependable.

3. Heller Landscaping

Heller Landscaping LawnSite Member

In my area nobody stripes (but me.) They race around the yard and have to double cut evrything. My bobcat 48" w\b is truly a striping machine. Two things to check. Make sure the front of your deck is a 1/4" lower than the back. Second put doubles on that machine(I myself have two highlifts and am going to put a highlift and a gator for fall). Two highlifts will give you the cut you want with the stripe you want. The other day I was mowing a yard and the landscaper next door almost drove his mower into a tree he was watching me so much.:) Hope this helps you. :blob4: :D

By the way that deck lowering is what really makes the difference.