1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat Predator Pro 37hp Kawy vs 33 hp Generac. Yes I have both.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HenryB, Jun 13, 2009.

1. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

After clocking a couple of hundred hours on these units. I'll give a short review. Generac is quieter, equal power (surprised me), smoother engine, consumes the same amount of fuel (about 1.7gph) and between oil changes oil stays golden yellow clean. A surprisingly great engine. The only question is longevity. Time will tell. So far great.

Kawy 37 hp Powerful as expected. Loud sounds like a chopper. Oil goes black after 15hrs (might mean nothing I don't know). As you can tell I like the generac better. Resale on the Kawy I'm sure is better.
    The predator Pro: A great machine The speed of a Super Z with the cut of an Exmark I'm very Impressed. I expect these Bobcats to take a huge chunk of sales from Exmark.
    They are priced about $2000 less than a comprable Exmark/Scag .I've owned both and like the Bobcat best hands down.
    The cut reminds me a lot of the Exmark Trivantage Deck.
    The suspention seat is standard.
    I really give them credit for a great machine at a fair price.
    When I was quoted over $12,000 for a Next lazer air cooled and $12500 for a Turf Tiger air cooled I had to look elsewhere. I think Exmark/Scag are pricing themselves right off the top of the hill. I'm really glad though otherwise I would not have tried a different brand.

Hope this review is helpful to all:waving:
  2. FastMan

FastMan LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the review. The generac is cheaper than the 37 kaw, isn't it? What about cutting in the deep and the wet? And what's the weight of that rig? I can't see to find it on the website.

Side note: I see you can buy it new on Ebay from a dealer for $7200 ( 60 inch w/generac). Not sure about the shipping cost, or what you'd do about service.
  3. FastMan

FastMan LawnSite Senior Member

4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I am going to start a thread tonight because a good friend of mine just bought 2 bobcats with the 37 hp Kawakai's and one is smoking blue at start up and going through a quart of oil very fast. His dealer said to keep track of the oil consumption etc. I want to make sure he is taken care of by Kawasaki. Hopefully its somthing simple.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll really keep a close eye on the 37 Kawy.