1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat Predator Pro w/ 26HP Generac 52" deck?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mhussey, May 1, 2007.

1. mhussey

mhussey LawnSite Senior Member

I have a few questions about a Bobcat Predator Pro w/ a 26HP Generac 52" Deck. Has 12cc pumps, suspension seat, deck assist. I will try to get the whole spec sheet.

Does anyone have any experience with this engine? If so what is you likes and dislikes about it and any troubles you have had.

This mower is brand new. It only has 3 hours on it, however the dealer can't sell it. I believe they want like 6500 for it, but there is rust showing on some of the parts and things are faded like it has been sitting there a while. Dealer is only coming off the price 500 dollars. I guess the normal price was like 6999. I believe he could come down some more due to the non new looking appearance.

What do you guys think? Any advise or comments would be great.

2. mhussey

Fuel Capacity 9.5 gal. (36 L)
    Transmission Hydrostatic drive with dual variable displacement pumps; wheel motors
    Drive Belt from engine to hydrostat input shafts; hydrostatic drive to wheels
    Hydraulic Capacity 0.65 gal. (2.5 L) capacity; oil cooler
    Brakes Hydrostat provides dynamic braking; disc-type parking brake
    Steering Lever-type steering controls independent power to each wheel for moving, stopping and turning
    Seat High-back, vinyl-covered, foam-padded full suspension seat with armrests, fore/aft adjustment; operator weight adjustment
    Gauges and Controls Hourmeter; neutral safety switches; throttle; choke; key switch; PTO clutch switch; steering and traction control arms; parking brake lever

26 hp 0 – 11.5 mph (18.5 km/h) forward;0 – 4 mph (6.4 km/h) reverse
    33 hp 0 – 12.5 mph (20.1 km/h) forward;0 – 4 mph (6.4 km/h) reverse

Turning Radius True zero-turning radius
    Frame 7-gauge formed and welded steel

Cutting Decks

Cutting Width and Type 52-in. (1.32-m), 61-in. (1.55-m) or 72-in. (1.83-m) side-discharge
    Deck Construction Welded 10-gauge steel with 7-gauge reinforcements and side skirts
    Spindles Large top-mounted, 1-in. (25-mm) dia. shaft on maintenance-free ball bearings
    Drive Belt from engine to center spindle; reinforced V-belt on split steel pulleys (48-in. deck) or split steel pulleys (52-in. and 61-in. decks) from center spindle to outboard spindles; 5.5-in. (140-mm) idler

52-in. Deck (2) 23 x 10.50-12 4-Ply Turf Tread Drive Wheels
    61-in. Deck (2) 24 x 12-12 4-Ply Turf Tread Drive Wheels
    72-in. Deck (2) 24 x 12-12 4-Ply Turf Tread Drive Wheels

Anti-Scalp Rollers
    52-in. Decks (6) 5 in. (127 mm): front and rear center, left and right front, left and right rear
    61-in. Decks (7) 5 in. (127 mm): (2) front center, left and rightfront, left and right rear, center rear
    72-in. Decks (4) 5 in. (127 mm): left and right front and rear;(2) 4-in. (102 mm): front and rear center

Productivity Rate / 8 Hours
    52-in. Deck Up to 30.56 acres (12.36 ha) at 9 mph (14.48 km/h)
    61-in. Deck Up to 35.52 acres (14.37 ha) at 9 mph (14.48 km/h)
    72-in. Deck Up to 41.92 acres (16.96 ha) at 9 mph(14.48 km/h)

Height of Cut 1.5 in. to 4.5 in. (38 mm to 114 mm) in 0.25-in.(6.4-mm) increments

Blades (3)
    52-in. Deck 18 in. (46 cm); .205 in. (5.2 mm) thick
    61-in. Deck 21 in. (53 cm); .25 in. (6.4 mm) thick
    72-in. Deck 24.5 in. (62.2 cm); .25 in. (6.4 mm) thick

Length 80 in. (2.03 m)

52-in. Deck 64.5 in. (1.6 m) with chute down; 58.25 in. (1.4 m) with chute up
    61-in. Deck 72-in. (1.83-m) side-discharge 73 in. (1.9 m) with chute down; 62 in. (1.6 m) with chute up
    72-in. Deck 84 in. (2.13 m) with chute down; 72 in. (1.83 m) with chute up

Overall Height 46.5 in. (1.2 m)
  3. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Honestly we have always had good luck with bobcat mowers. I dont think he will go any lower on the price because they dont make much on them anyway. I bet the price he quoted you was as low as he can go. The Generac engines I have no experiance with but from what I hear they work well and last just as good as kohlers and kawis.
  4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

The real problem with that mower is support for the Generac engine. There are lots of places to get parts or service for Kohler and Kawasaki engines. There is almost no place to get parts or service for that Generac. If you trust your dealer to take care of the engine, then go for it. But, remember, if he drops his support for that engine, it will be very hard to find anyone to support it with service or parts.
  5. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Why go generic when you can do a ZT-225 w/ 25 hp kawasaki w/ 52" deck? That 1 hp isn't going to do jack. IMO I would put a 25 on a 61" to, bit of a waste on a 52 unless your clearing fields.
  6. mhussey

The reason for me wanting this particular model is because I was thinking that due to the machine sitting there for a long time they may want to move it for a good price.

I was wandering if 6200 was a good price for a machine that looks like its used, but it's new. Like I said in my first post. Rust is on some of the parts and hardware and things are faded out.

Me personally I don't want to pay for a new machine that don't look new. Even though it will never look new again after a couple of months.

Thanks for all the comments.. Keep them coming.
  7. mhussey

Does anyone else have any opinions of this mower? Is 6200 dollars a good deal for this new mower?
  8. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

As someone else said...I would stay away from the Generac engine. The rest of the machine is nice. And thats probably a pretty good price for it. If I ordered a new one right now I would probably have to sell it for 8000+. But I would never order one with a Generac.