BobCat Preditor Pro- any one demo or have one or know someone that has one?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnMower, Sep 26, 2006.

1. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

Next year I need to get a new mower. My Bob Cat has 1500 hours on her, and I get nervous. I hear bad things about the newest Exmark and Hustler. Iv had good luck with the Bob Cat, and heard good things about the Predator Pro.

So If you have one, or demode one, or know someone who has one. Id like to find out how you guys like it.

Also Id like to find out more about the new Bob Cat Bagging system they just put out. Its supposed to have more air velocity and speed than all the others.

Iv done a search on this too, but there's not as much info as id like.

Thanks

John

2. LawnMower

Or you can just pretend you know:dancing:

3. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

I love bobcat. Abssolutly a great mower. Now I have no idea about the generic engines on the predator pro which personally if I wanted a bigger mower id go with a ZT-225 kawi or ZT-227 EFI Kohler. IMO unless you need the 72" deck the ZT-200 series is a better choice.

Cheers
    Jeff

4. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

There is no ZT227 EFI. 226 or 228 are EFI machines.

I will agree though, not a fan of the Generac engines. If they had Kawasaki, Kohler, or Briggs Vangaurds on them they would be in much better shape.

5. LawnMower

I love my Bob Cat too. Iv had great luck with the Kohler 25 horse power. I don't know anything about the Generic other then there hard to find parts for.

I wonder if any one on the face of the earth has a Predator Pro? Am I going to be the first one to buy one?:) Probably the guys that have them aren't on Lawn Site.

6. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

I've had 5 buntons (relatively the same as bobcat) with pretty good luck. While I haven't driven the new predator pro, I have a friend who just got a new woods (their mowers are made by textron/jacobsen/who ever just bought them out) thats the equivalent of the pred pro and he absolutely loves it. I am going to try it out here one of these days when I get a chance. As far as the generac engines, I've actually heard really good things about them, the only down side is heavier fuel consumption with the bigger engines.

7. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

There are several generac engines used in this area. mostly on dixie chopper and encore mowers. some of the dixie guys complain about various things. the Encore guys all seem to love there's. I do know of one guy who has a predator with the 33hp generac and seems satisfied with the machine but this is his first year with it.

8. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

As far as the machine goes I think all the parts are the same as what you have now. Just different pumps and engine. So the machine is good, its just the engine that is questionable.

As far as the bagger goes...you may want to wait. I have just heard they have another one coming out. It is a dump from the seat style if you are interested in that.

The current bagger I really dont know much about...we do not sell many Z's and have never sold a bagger for one. I saw it once...looked pretty good. Dunno if they make it or if its aftermarket. Its available with a Bobcat Logo and its also available without...so I am guessing it may be aftermarket.

9. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

I have a bobcat zt-225 with the bagger, I can say the 3 bag catcher works very good. I bought it last year so I dont know if it's different from the new ones but the catcher I have has a bobcat logo but it's made by giant vac. It's built very heavy and worked great on leaves last year.

10. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey,

oops I had to edit this because your right. The 228 is the EFI lol I could swear the 227 was the EFI

Cheers
    Jeff