Bobcat Prices Half a day , Whole day??Advice please

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by SouthernYankee, Nov 16, 2004.

1. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

I was just wondering what everyone out there gets for a bobcat and operator?

Half Day?

Whole day?

I know where I am from I would charge $350 half $600 whole

Just wondering what yall are getting thanks!

2. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

I gave a few quotes this year in one area and found out a guy was prep. a 1/4 acre lawn for $400.Thanks but no thanks.

3. shaneth

shaneth LawnSite Member

Your skill level when operating the skid steer is going to make a big difference when you're bidding a job. If you're a very experienced operator, then you can charge $60-$65 per hour. If not, take less and learn how to be efficient. Too many contractors charge these hourly or daily rates and it really isn't fair to the customer. The same thing happens in snow plowing. In our company, we have a number of plow trucks and operators, each with different experience levels and different levels of efficiently. A 10'2" V Blade will in itself be more efficeient than a 7'6" straight blade. Yes, we have both, we have 9'2" Boss plows, 10'2" boss plows, 7'6" meyer and western plows. On small drives, I'll take a short box with a staight blade any day, but on commercial jobs, give me the 10'2" and get out of my way. That's the way skid steers are. There are different size buckets, different horse powers, and different levels of experience. What you may want to do is add the rental price to the bid and then charge 40-60 dollars per hour. Rental prices are around $120 to $145 per day. Just figure that for the customer. I just estimate the amount of time the work will take and then give the customer a flat rate based on the $40-$60 range and add in what the rental would cost.

Sorry I got off the subject a bit...just wanted to clarify my stance.

4. aries

aries LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

I agree we get $40.00 per hr for operator plus the rental for the day so 8 hr day $320.00 plus cost of rental we pay $185.00 per day also add feul surcharge comes out to $550.00 per day! hope that helps