1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat Pricing In NJ

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Craig, Jun 22, 2001.

1. Craig

Craig LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Dear Fellow Members,

What is the going rate per hour / per day for mid size bobcat or comparable skid steer with operater, and with out? Also what do the rental yards get for these machines?

Thank You,
  2. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Craug, here's a good link to look at that may give you some ideas. Try calling the rental yards in your area to get pricing for them. Also, there is a cool little search function at the top of the page, 3rd button from the right under the banner ad. Good luck!
  3. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

Why would you want to price without the operator? Are you renting out your own skidsteer? Rental places are competition to professional landscapers anymore, they'll rent anything to anybody. My local nursery/wholesale rock distributor has taken to renting paver install tools. This I'm not happy with. Our rate for skidsteer WITH operator is $55 an hour for bucket or forks.
  4. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

In the Philly burbs the rental yards get about $175/day rental. Not too bad if you know how to operate.
  5. CCLC

CCLC LawnSite Senior Member

Our rental yards here charge $175 to $195 per day for a mid size skid loader. We charge $80 per hour for bobcat work with an operator.
  6. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

In my area 753's are getting between $165-200 a day from the rental yards,another guy around here gets $65 and hour with an operator,But you should figure in about $25-35 and hour for an operator.