Bobcat Pricing In NJ?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Craig, Jun 22, 2001.

1. Craig

Craig LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Dear Fellow Members,

What is the going rate per hour / per day for mid size bobcat or comparable skid steer with operater, and with out? Also what do the rental yards get for these machines?

Thank You,
  2. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

In Boston the rental yard rate for a bobcat 753 is between $165-200 A day and in operator time at about $25-30 an hour. That is up here might be cheaper where you are.There is one guy around my way that gets $65 and hour for machine with and operator.

MJ LANDSCAPING LawnSite Member

the going rate for skid steer prices are roughly $375. per day for machine & operator. the rental places charge $225. a day and thats with no operator. that is for a bobcat 773 I run a CAT 246 TURBO, great machine
  4. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

That would be about $18.75 an hour for an operator not very much to run equipmet all day.$375 a day with operator and 225 fot a bar rental the difference is $180 Divide by 8 hour day comes to about 18.75 a day
  5. CT18fireman

CT18fireman LawnSite Senior Member

Don't forget that most operators would be owners. They would be making more because they have the equipment on hand and do not have a daily rental fee. I have equipment on hand and only rent when I need to supplement for a specific job. These fees are directly transfered to the customer. I usually get about $40 an hour but most jobs are set price. This is where an experienced operator has an advantage. Someone who knows the equipment can work much more effectively and therefore be cheaper for the customer while still be profitable to the contractor.
  6. landman

landman LawnSite Member
    from NJ

$450.00 per day 8 hr limit with operator $60.00 per hr after that.
  7. Aspen Snow

Aspen Snow LawnSite Member

We get $70.00 per hour for our 773 and $75.00 per hour for our 873, both with a four hour minimum. Hope that helps
  8. PAPS

PAPS LawnSite Senior Member

I get $450.00 a day for our 843 Bobcat.
  9. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

Bobcat work full day would be around $575.00 for the day Maybe a lil more if i needed a really big machine. rental is usually around 235 for a day at rentals unlimited and i think even less at buryn's pwr eqp. im in the Lincoln Park, Wayne area full excavating jobs i ve goteen up to $975.00 day with a mini X.:cool2:

Perfect Property Services Inc.
  10. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea there all right $75.00/hr. We run a Mustang 2109 at work, good little machine.

Im in Butler.